Yes! If you have all the documentations needed and be the appropriate age (depending on the motorcycle). At moto rentals Vagianelis we are striving to offer you the best biking experience in the country. We are official partners of BMW Rent a Ride. We do not only rent motorcycles; we offer you a full renting experience.
- Driver’s valid driving license, suitable for the rental motorbike category.
- Passport or ID for the rental company to verify your identity.
- Booking and payment in advance.
- Driver’s debit card, with enough funds for the motorbike’s deposit.
Here are some rules and driving tips that you should make yourself aware of before you start your road trip in Greece.
- Drive on the right-hand side of the road.
Use of a mobile phone is illegal whilst driving.
- It is illegal to have a level of alcohol in the bloodstream of more than 0.05%.
- The middle lane of a three-lane highway is for passing.
- Dipped headlights should be used in poor daytime visibility.
- The use of full beam headlights in towns is strictly prohibited.
- Traffic already on a roundabout has to stop and give way to traffic entering the roundabout.
- In Greece it is prohibited to overtake at bottlenecks, humps in the road, on bends, at pedestrian crossings, at junctions and when there is inadequate visibility
- You are not allowed to park
within 3 meters of a fire hydrant,
within 5 meters of a junction,
within 15 meters of a public transport stop.
- If you park in a No Parking zone in Athens or certain other areas, the police may remove your license plates if you owe a traffic fine or fines.
- Police can impose fines but not collect them on the spot. The fine must be paid at a Public Treasury office within 10 days.
Driving in Athens can be challenging at first but comparing to other European city center is pretty good. Once you get out of the city, driving gets easier and way more enjoyable. If you love driving you will love driving in Greece. The roads are pretty good and if you travel away from Athens and choose local road networks, the overall experience is rewarding. The view is usually breath-taking, driving throughout huge forests or near sea and passing throughout traditional small villages.
There is no limit to the maximum rental days. We provide the possibility to rent a bike from 1 day to as many as you want.
The bikes must be delivered to our store at 339 Vouliagmenis Ave.
The basic equipment includes everything the rider needs for his safety but also for his comfort. You can see more in the corresponding equipment rental section. In addition to the basic equipment, you can rent additional accessories such as suitcases or navigator.
With every motorcycle rental we offer full third party liability (full casco) insurance coverage. This means that in case of an accident regardless if you’re the one to blame or not, also regardless the cost of the damage you only pay the amount of the insurance refering to damage deposit.
You will receive the BMW bike with a full tank so that you can directly enjoy the ultimate driving experience. When returning the bike, you must bring it back with a full tank.